Sunday, August 11, 2013

St. Paul, You Fancy, Huh.

We took an after-dinner walk in Castle Town today - Dave's name for this fancy neighborhood in St. Paul. I have been itching to get down there to gawk at all the amazing homes and the St. Paul Cathedral. Of course, I forgot about that when Riley and Joe kept being cute and requiring my picture-taking attention.



I've about given up on strollers completely.

And now, here are some mansions.
Ivy does well here, obviously. And I loooove ivy! In fact, as I sit here all sticky with humidity I think, at least it gives us good ivy. Still, I will be taking a cold shower before bed.



The gorgeous St. Paul Cathedral: the bells were ringing and calling people to mass, which makes for a lovely Sunday walk!

Then we had to turn around because this was happening.

I expect there will be many more adventures as we get to know our new city. St. Paul has character, I can already tell. If she were a person, she might be a half-swede Catholic wearing a snoopy watch (Charles Shultz was born here and they do love those Peanut characters. Seriously. There are statues everywhere.)

Our ward is pretty cool too. The bishop snagged us right after Sacrament meeting for an interview. I think we won't be long without callings, which is good - it will be nice to get involved and make some friends. I sat next to a fabulous lady in Relief Society who owns a chocolate shop called, "Mademoiselle Miel (honey, in French)" and she specializes in honey bonbons. I think we will be bff's.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi!!!! St Paul looks amazing! I love looking at houses too, especially the ones in big swanky neighborhoods. Yes! Isaac's outfit is so like those people in Wally! Ha. Hadn't thought of that before. Too bad we got rid of it... I mean lost it.... We could have had some fun at Halloween. Anyways you look amazing, I love your hair, and your babies are adorable. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete