How about I list some things I've liked about this monster of a month, the first month of the rest of my life...
- We have finally gotten well again (contagious sick people will be shot on sight so stay away!)
- Our neighborhood in the evening looks like Whoville: colored by winter sunsets and muffled in beautiful snow.
- The baby weight and mission weight are gone, may they rest in peace.
- We hosted a curry night with some mission buds (recipes: chicken tikka and korma)
- Played in the snow with Riley.
- Navigated peanut butter-thick fog to get my hair chopped super short. I was feeling brave.
- Our drafty house makes our babies even more snuggly. (Heaven is a baby dog-pile.)
- The ambiance of our fire place.
- Dave's beard (which he recently shaved but I have faith it will be back before winter's end)
- Aaaand....that it is almost over! February might get its own party, just for arriving!
Babies growing up: Joe sits on his own now, and Riley is a big girl and soo over baby utensils. We give her a jar at dinner and she swigs from it with gusto and looks at us as if to say, "Nothing like drinking from a big peoples cup, am I right!" She also blesses our food intermittently throughout dinner. Probably in hopes that it will turn into pizza and coke, her preferred food groups.
Joe has found a way he likes a pacifier, when Riley forces one on him.
|I love this picture: Riley is "praying" and Joe is proud.|
Our indoor games have had to get a little creative/desperate. We stick buttons into milk jugs, do workout videos, play the parachute game with blankets, paint the table with yogurt, unfold/refold towels, blah blah blah.
And what baby doesn't enjoy taking dives on the couch?