Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Anniversary with my love(s)


In the interests of wearing the children out so they could have an early bedtime, we went to Minnehaha Falls State Park (After Ikea, where dreams come true) and had a very nice family ramble along the river. Riley, or Ed, as she introduced herself, made some new friends and played in the dirt and Joe did his best to keep up.





 





By the time we got home they were yawning, so I threw together some easy dinner for them, then baths and bed before seven thirty. Success! Dave went out to get deep-dish pizza from Green Mill (soooo delicious) while I lit the candles, turned on some music, got out the fancy glasses and dolled myself up, and then we had the perfect evening.




After dinner, we watched Barefoot in the Park and ate the most decadent dessert I know, chocolate pot de creme (with a nice crumbled pastry crust, due to a whole, 'first crust over-baked, second crust got pulled off the table and trampled by babies so I just smashed it back into the pan' situation). It was romantic and special and with no frequent checking for texts from the babysitter. It was perfect.



 Gosh I love that man.
Thanks for getting corny with me, Dave!

No comments:

Post a Comment