Sunday, August 25, 2013

Working out, baby style

The other day we went for a walk and I got lost for about two hours and we never made it to the park. I was pooped afterwards, but the stroller-riders had to burn some energy somehow so I put on a baby workout video from ZiZi. I found it a little creepy, but Riley loved it!
And tonight, as we watched a dance show on TV:
What a groovy kid!

We did not make it to the state fair this weekend. But we DID make it to the Mall of America, which also has rollercoasters and funnel cakes, but with the bonus of air conditioner and a Nordstrom Rack. Winning!
Later, frozen yogurt at Menchies. Loooooove fro yo bars - they pretend to be healthy but...not the way we do it. There was more candy than yogurt I betcha.


We found another Snoopy! You show me a door, by the way, and I will show you a baby that will knock it - it's her thing lately.
They really are delightful. There was a moment in church today when Joe machine gun spit out a mouthful of trail mix I had been surreptitiously feeding him behind the pew, mostly across my shirt and arms. During the young women's musical number! I almost died trying to hold my laugh down, Dave practically crying next to me. It was ridiculous.

Then I stayed with Riley in nursery, where every time the teacher asked her to do anything, Riley stuck her finger in her nose, an unfortunate nervous tick of sorts I suppose. So basically, the Munions didn't win any awards for charm today. But I kinda like this quirky, slightly-rebellious vibe we have going on. Even when Joe is sneaking tampons out of the bathroom to give to Riley who unwraps them and empties the cartridge so they can slurp their applesauce through them, you can't not appreciate the originality. Hey, keeps me interested!

Dave enters his second week of orientation tomorrow. Two weeks of orientation! And while he is getting oriented, maybe I can orient Riley with the toilet...We are about out of size four diapers and my reading tells me potty training should be done in the summer. Have the stars aligned? I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment