Monday, August 12, 2013

3! The years have exceded the number of our children! Whoop, whoop!

Three years ago today, I was scouring our little apartment so that on the morrow, married life could commence in pristine, spotless bliss (yeah, I have issues).

Was that the worst start to an anniversary post ever or what?

Moving on.

Today, three years later, I sit amidst cardboard boxes still waiting to be unpacked, the melodious tones of a toddler resisting bedtime in the background, and I can't believe it has been three years - too much has happened! And let me tell you - it has NOT been spotless. Adventures are NOT spotless. But if you are with the right person, of course, messy can still be blissful.


And let me tell you - Dave is the one to have on an adventure. He is cool under pressure and can find a Seven Eleven in any city, blindfolded. But more importantly, my partner in crime is in the thick of things with me. He chooses me and I choose him in lots of little ways every day. Like when someone lets someone else sleep in even though both someones are tired. Or when one spends hours fixing the car to save on the mechanic work, but will pour money down the drain on fresh flowers to surprise and delight the other. Or when both find themselves alone together in the hallway and break for a little dip kiss. These things - they have filled up three years to bursting.

I love Dave. Best decision I ever made: Dave.

Here's to many more years of messy! *clink*

xoxoXoXooOxxoXo

(By the way, anniversary plan for tomorrow involves frozen burritos by candle light and Nacho Libre. Hey, don't judge! It will be wildly romantic. Maybe we will have some toast after ;) 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see if anyone reads the comments other than Heidi. At Walmart I found an anniversary card that read, "Roses are red, violets are thorny, when I'm without you, I get ....." Corny!! What did you think I was going to say?!

    ReplyDelete