Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines Day is the best and I love it and my only complaint is why is there just one a year??

This day...how do I love thee, let me count the ways:

1) Involves chocolate and kissing and expressions of love to and from all your homies
2) Turns all your favorite shows into romantic comedies for the week
3) Relieves a winter setting with vibrant reds and pinks
4) Allows you to be mushy all day and no one can call you a moron (hypothetically speaking, according to the movie, Valentines Day)

It has been such a lovely day and I'm plum wore out, so enough chit chat. On to the pictures/videos for which you came!
Dave's Valentine balloons for the babes. The card, I think, was more for my benefit. "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." - A.A. Milne. "I know how you like old pooh," Dave said. snicker. There were also chocolates and roses, but the card was my favorite, obviously. Dave does the sweetest things, tastefully balanced with comic relief. I love him.
 We had a party for a bunch or babies and their moms in our ward and those balloons kept everyone pretty well entertained. Also, aren't these mommy/daughters the cutest? We have such a lovely ward.

Zombie Riley here because Clarissa was holding out an m&m to get her to look! Silly baby.

Riley spent a lot of time helping herself to treats and got herself crazy on sugar! She has since crashed, not in a good way and I'm thinking next time we maybe should limit treats to, I don't know - one's body weight or something.



Ang sent this card for Riley but as you can see, Joe enjoyed it too.
Then people had to go home but we partied on!


And, out of respect for the day, we took our Chinese take-out into the living room for a picnic.


I love them so much it hurts! Seriously, this dull ache in my chest feels like heaven. How did I get so lucky?? Dave and the babies, the rest of my family, close friends - each one brings so much light into my life. And I definitely take them for granted a lot, but shoot, you can't NOT reflect on the love in your life today! It's Valentines Day!

 Now, if I die of a heart attack, at least it is recorded: Heidi Munion died happy.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this Great end to a great day! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to read!!! Your family is adorable and glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part of the Riley video is the sound she makes at 00:37 when you ask her where she went. Soo adorable!

    ReplyDelete