Thursday, September 13, 2012

Working On My 'Tude

Attitude, that is.   
Riley and Joe love me sooo much that they both want me up several times a night to hang. Or maybe it is just Joe being a newborn and Riley teething. Anyways, when I explain to them my goal of getting more sleep, they laugh like this: "mwahahaha." Bullies.
    Sleepless Heidi, Mr. Hyde - same thing. It ain't pretty! Some day I will get a good night's rest again. Till then I will try to be the slap-happy kind of tired instead of the "cross me and die" kind of tired. Also, I'm going to dump the urge to stress over all the stuff not getting done - it is so silly! One step at a time, I've decided, is the way to go. Here is some sage wisdom from Shel Silverstien:

Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' 'bout the things
They woulda-coulda-shoulda done...
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.

My "did" some days is extremely little: I take a shower and put on real clothes. I defy the long, overwhelming list of "shoulds" in my head and focus on that one thing and feel a LOT better. Then some "shoulds" actually get done. Dave doesn't have to pick up pizza on his way home for dinner (as often), and we almost always have clean clothes to wear! Look out world - I think I've got domestic divahood in the bag! But most importantly, I have more fun with my babies. Hopefully this doesn't make them want to party through the night with me even MORE. That would be epically disastrous.

 Our super charming offspring. Joe is so sweet! Riley is also, but I believe she thinks "no" actually means "do it". Hence, the finger in the nose.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to move on from the "cross me and die" tired. There's a good chance I never will.

    ReplyDelete