Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pretty Pictures, the Sequel

Saturday we went back to the foliage to get some quaint family shots. Riley started us off by face planting in the dusty dirt road:

 Luckily, we carry baby wipes with us at all times.
 And luckily, she is never in a bad mood for long.
 Riley with her ZiZi. Don't you just want to eat her?? Riley, that is. Though Suzette is adorable as well.
 This is how we tricked Riley into holding our hands. Then we would flip her around like this, all happy:
 You better believe she slept good that night! We just had too much fun.

Sunday:
We went for a drive on the Nebo Loop and spontaneously decided to hike the "Grotto Trail."
 There were beautiful trees and a river and then this cavey waterfall (?!), a delightful surprise.
    And I have high hopes she will sleep well again tonight.
    Weekends are tough acts to follow - we are just a little grumpy around here on Mondays, without grandparents to dote on us or Daddy to make us blanket forts. (I use the term "us" loosely, obviously:)  I look forward to the day when Joseph can join Riley's games (ie defend himself against her exuberant friendly advances). I also look forward to the day that they are both sleeping through the night. Then maybe I'll get my brain back. Funny story, so on our way home tonight we were discussing what we are going to do with Dave's 4-day weekend that is coming up and I said, "We should finally go to the four corners - we could each have our own state - Utah, Arizona, Wyoming..." at which point Dave did the palm to the face move that I've come to know and love. Woops - guess I got that wrong. We both had a good laugh, but 10 minutes, maybe two conversations later, Dave says, "Do you want to know what states make up the four corners?" I think he is a little concerned about me sometimes. Well,  guess he shouldn't have married a trophy wife then. hahaha. I kid.
    Anyways, if you have any suggestions for a weekend getaway, something with in an easy days drive, send them our way! Please, thank you.


4 comments:

  1. I love the pic. of Riley trying to eat Dave's face. I also like the muddy face pic. though I bet that tasted horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think, wouldn't you, but she does voluntarily eat handfuls of dirt from time to time...

      Delete
  2. I love your blog. You are so hilarious. Sounds like a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Babies make for hilarious subject matter, don't they? :)

      Delete