Sunday, June 22, 2014

Denver Botanic Gardens

Saturday we went to the Botanic Gardens in Denver. It was beautiful and whimsical and I felt like I was lost in Emilina Twig's garden for about two hours (referencing one of my favorite children's book, 'Lemonade Serenade'). Dave mostly chased after our offspring and let me meander where I pleased, taking pictures and daydreaming till someone pulled on my leg or said, "Moooom, I got a stinky butt." I'm really glad we taught her that phrase and that now she uses it loudly in public places. Harumph.
There is some interesting artwork all over the gardens. In fact, you can take a bowl made by the same artist home with you for a mere 7,000 dollars. People are crazy.
Trufala trees? From Lorax? And that is about all you're going to get in commentary from me. But I would love to learn more about plants and flowers! For instance, a gentleman noticed I was standing by a patch of poison ivy. That's something I would have liked to have noticed myself!
 
 Riley and Joe enjoyed a lot of fake-sneezing on this outing.
A romantic setting for a wedding!
They found a good spot to feel the rain sprinkles on their faces.
Joseph tried to get some strength training in. Tried.
I feel like this would inspire a great party dress. For when I get into dress making.


Riley found some wings in the Children's Garden. She did a graceful dance for us.

Then we high-tailed it out of there as the rain swept in. The rain does that here - sweeps in almost every afternoon just as the children go down for naps, drums on our windows and cleans the air, leaving a nice fresh breeze for evening walks. Our evening walks are usually to the park by our house, where Riley has a castle and Joe collects rocks. It's a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment