Friday, November 15, 2013

Sibling Rovery

Like "Rivalry" and "Love" together? See what I did there? Ha! The title only loosely applies to content today - I just like the word.

And now....

The time was two o clock. The babies were down for their naps. Or so I thought.

Now we know: Riley can escape her crib. As well as rig a makeshift ladder to get into Joe's bed.

I think Joe just wanted to sleep but couldn't help but be pleased that his fun-loving best bud in the world wanted to play with him. She looooves him! But let the guy sleep already! I transferred her back to her crib and the second time it stuck, so hopefully it was a one off? We shall see.

Dave is still at school. Almost ten on a Friday night! So here I sit, among stacks of folded laundry (not to brag, but sometimes, I fold stuff). I've watched some Netflix (Sherlock!) and eaten a big batch of popcorn and a milkshake, in bed, all by myself - feels like prom night as a freshman all over again. This whole MBA thing, has been something of a challenge to be honest but lookie here - almost a quarter done! And I'm lucky to have these two nutters to spend my days with. A few pictures from our week:

Diving for wishes.
Zoo. I wish I knew his thoughts - he was hanging here for at least five minutes. Probably just, "Dem is some big fish."

He feels VERY strongly about the gator shoes and the zebra hat.
Strolling through the conservatory, hand in hand.
They sure are sweet. 90% of the time... And I get to thinking we are ready for another one...80% of the time. But shoot, I'm running out of counter space.

What happens while mom gets ready in the mornings.
Good thing we will be in VA next month for the birth of Danny and Jenny's new daughter. Maybe it can tide me over a few more months if I can get a little cuddle and a whiff of that new baby smell. I told Dave we would make a fortune if we could bottle that smell. His response: "You want to bottle amniotic fluid?" Sigh. Dave can be sooo pragmatic sometimes.

But I miss his face. Which by the way, is bearding itself this month and I have to say, Matt Lauer and Al Roker ain't got nothing on Dave when it comes to beard-growing. That guy's beard is fuuuine. Ok I think I've done enough here for one night. Sleepy time! Nighty Nighty! Buggy tight! I might need more adult interaction in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment