Saturday, November 30, 2013

Down by the River

Chris is here! Well, not here anymore as he has gone on to Rochester, but we had a nice visit. Nice enough to compensate for the no sleep he got last night (baby shenanigans AGAIN), only time will tell. We love ya, Chris! Thanks for hanging out with us.
Doesn't Dave make a great Minnesotan?? The beard, the puffy jacket (in school colors!) and the
beanie,which looks like it came off a Charlie Brown episode. Oh, and that is a chap stick
 in Riley's grip - guess she knew she was getting kisses today :)
 We went for a walk along the beautiful, icy Mississippi River. Nice day for a walk, too - it was 35 today, the warmest it has been all week.
Just passing through on their way south
That kind of excitement is really hard to rein in.
 Chris took a few pictures for us for this year's Christmas card and I have to say, we got quite the selection.
 Which one?! I mean, they are all so good - the human tunnel, Joe's head-butt to my face (my lip only bled for a second) or parental restraining hug on our clearly over it children...little tip - telling your babies that the photographer has candy is only good for one shot. Use it wisely.

After a chili/grilled cheese lunch, Chris left with his Uncle Jack and we hunkered down for a nap. Ah the nap! I have been after a good nap for days! Yesterday I kinda got one, but it did involve Joe hauling a bag of potatoes into our room and using them to outline my "sleeping" self on the bed. When he climbed up on my back with a box of finger paints, I decided it was time to wake up.

But today the babies were so exhausted from our outing and from a lack of sleep in general this week, that the whole family got to sleep at two (albeit with Riley in bed with us) and didn't wake up till five thirty! It was dark outside by the time we got up! Hallelujah! It might make for a later bed time but it was sooo worth it. Makes me think, "Hey, I can do this whole 'winter' thing." Hibernation - that's the ticket. Can I get an amen??

Apparently my feelings about sleep are downright spiritual...

No comments:

Post a Comment