Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday spills and the tail end of fall.

The wind is whistling in the trees outside our window, it is three thirty but feels like six, and I have just taught the babies how to properly saturate peanut butter cookies in their milk, which will keep them busy for five minutes. Feels like a good time for a silly post.
Saying goodbye to fall: the wind knocked all the leaves down, ready or not.
Yesterday I dozed off for a few minutes watching a movie with Riley and woke up to a gallon of milk being poured over my chest. She was aiming for a glass she had balanced on my stomach. After I bounded off the couch, milk dripping from my bath robe, Riley innocently pointed at the now tipped over glass with a residue of milk left in it and said, "I did it!"

She also says, "dinosaurus."

Joe, Joe falls over a lot. Dave calls it, "the pitter patter of little faces," it happens so often. Maybe this is because he is incredibly busy, trotting all over the house to put buttons in the heater, phones in the toilet, or crayons to the wall. He loves to stay active, and if Riley is watching TV instead of playing with him, he will just switch the thing off, stick his finger to his mouth and say, "Uh-oh!" as he turns to see her reaction.


And while I'm at it: Dave! Dave slips our little Sunbeam class jelly beans during the Primary Program practice as bribery to behave nicely, unbeknownst the the impressed choir director. And when they whisper to him that they don't know the words to the songs, he whispers back, "Neither do I, just keep saying 'watermelon'." It works ok - at least their lips are moving!

This is where we go when we want to pretend we are in the country. The ally behind our house.
 And Heidi! Yeah I ain't telling you anything. She is super normal - you'd be bored.

Now if you'd excuse me, I've got to find tiny little mugs so the babies can drink their hot chocolate properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment