Friday, March 1, 2013

The Post With No Title

Here is The Sweetest Joe I Know. I'm obsessed, obviously - these babies are even cooler than I'd imagined babies could be. The other day, I was explaining to Dave that, while it gets irksome to spend so much time inside during the winter, there are no two better people to pass the time with than Riley and Joe - they are adorable, fascinating, silly, loving, and just really lovely human beings. 

Also featured: the iPhone Dave decided I needed. He figured having easy access to baby games when we're out and about would be helpful. He was right - they are small, but juggling/entertaining two babies when we are at the doctors or waiting in the car can be tricky. So happy birthday to me! Er...David. His birthday is tomorrow. Maybe I'll post something of more substance then.
And here are our babies watching Charlie Brown Falls in Love, for the umpteenth time. Joe likes to play with Riley's hair. The cutest!

They are a handful though, make no mistake. It definitely shows sometimes - after sleepless nights and following days when I look more zombie than woman, or when somebody bites someone and gets a bottle of milk dumped on them in retaliation, or when all the toilet paper has been removed and wadded into the toilet to be stirred around with my toothbrush... Parenthood has taught me about sucking it up and carrying on. Well, it's teaching me - present tense. Does letting the kids watch Charlie Brown all afternoon and heating up frozen ravioli for dinner count as carrying on? Whatever - I love our batch of crazy.

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why yes, yes I shall.



No comments:

Post a Comment