Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Impromptu Silliness and That Other Thing...

 Poor munchkin Joe has such an attentive big sister. He loves it when she plays with him, and, for the time being at least, it doesn't matter if that involves girly accessories. Isn't he quite the chunk?? He has double knees, and creases instead of elbows or wrists. He still won't take formula or babyfood, so that's all me! *self pat on the back, boobs, whatever.

Aaaand, did you know that stitches on the tongue aren't really done? Riley fell off her stool the other day and bit a wicked gash into her tongue, bled all over Dave's jacket and almost made me pass out. I called the doctor and they said they probably couldn't put stitches in it but prescribed popsicles, which we have from the last time Riley fell and cut her lip. Sorry if the picture grosses you out ...at least she's happy! She sure loves those popsicles too - I have to change her out of sticky clothes five times a day but you can tell it helps a lot, so we'll deal.

 She clearly is tougher than her mommy - there was the almost fainting incident just after the accident, whilst she licked a popsicle. Then today I thought the poor baby must be exhausted and set to rocking her to sleep for her nap early. I must have dozed off because next thing I know, Riley has slipped off my nap to go behind the rocking chair and shove me practically out of my seat. She might have just been trying to get the rocking going again. Might. Anyways, I guess I was just projecting. Get tired enough and you kind of start thinking everyone must be!

2 comments:

  1. That tongue doesn't look THAT bad, but my heart still hurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! But it looks even better today and I think it will probably be completely healed within a week.

      Delete