Sunday, March 24, 2013

School, babies, birthday.

Blogging has been in short supply lately, mostly because the waiting game we are playing doesn't really make for interesting writing. Are we going to go to Minnesota or Carnegie Mellon? On the one hand you have a full tuition scholarship at a quality school in a land of nice strangers and long winters. On the other, a 25% scholarship at a legendaryish school (ie, more expensive school), which happens to be only 5 hours from my hometown. We will have the answer by April 18. Because they told us we have to. In the meantime, we are checking into the possibility of a better scholarship at Carnegie and praying for some inspiration as to the best choice for our family, as well as sending up thanks for two such wonderful options to choose from.

And that is what has been on my mind lately.

In the meantime, Riley is one going on 16. She likes to do Joe's non-existent hair with elastics and a brush and has recently learned the word, "duh," so that's awesome. She also has taken to housekeeping - she likes to run to the utensil drawer whenever I am stirring something, grabs a pastry brush and reaches it up to "help." She is positively, literally, dangerous with a broom.

Joe still hates every food but breastmilk. Every food, that is, except peanut-butter captain crunch - of that he will eat as much as he can get his chubby hands on. He wants to crawl so bad, but mostly can only raise up on his toes and hands over and over, which undoubtedly is great for his core. We have worked hard to get him sleeping through the night - for a while there he wanted to be nursed ever one or two, maybe three hours at night and it was KILLING me but last night he slept till six and everyone is much happier, and less likely to kill anyone.

 The boy got a rocking sock monkey from Zizi. He loves rockin on that monkey!  Riley loves pizza. Like, seriously, why don't you marry it love. Not that I have room to talk there. Mmm...

I appropriated this weekend as my birthday since we will be flying to Florida on the actual day, gosh darn it. I basically kicked back and did whatever I fancied all weekend, and bless Dave for rising to the occasion. I took naps and went shopping and had Cafe Rio, and read a book, all with my adorable babies available for play if I felt like it but cared for if I did not, and it was good for my soul! Also, Andrea came on Saturday and made us pumpkin french toast stuffed with a creamcheese and cream filling, drizzled with blackberry caramel sauce with berries on the side and it was, in a word, divine. Cards and presents were icing on the cake and thanks to everyone who thought of me and made me feel loved on this, my pre-birthday weekend. haha. Oh and hey, I got contacts too, so now I can play soccer again without breaking my glasses like a big dork! Yippee!

1 comment: