Saturday, August 18, 2012

How To Exhaust a Toddler

Take her hiking to the Y.
Help her make a brother sandwich, and let her kick rocks down the mountain.

Head to the splashpad to cool off.
"My milkshake  brings all the boys to the yard."
"Oh hi, friend, that's a nice belly button you got."
 







Visit a toy store with a scary mechanical horse.












Engage in some retail therapy after.







And there ya go - you have yourself a completely exhausted one-year-old.

*Disclaimer: end product might have a complete meltdown if not put down for a nap immediately following activities.

*Steps may likewise be applied to parents for similar, exhaustive results.

*Riley is wearing no shoes in any of these activities. I guess we likes to let our hair down on Saturdays. Speaking of which: notice her new haircut? I trimmed it while we were exploring our yard the other day, every time she squatted to inspect grass/bugs/twigs. Lets just say I'm glad she is too young to care.

2 comments:

  1. Wait--how long has it been since you gave birth? And you hiked the Y? You're amazing!!! And Riley is so cute and sweet :) I love your little/big family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catherine! Its been almost a month. Luckily, I have a patient husband who lets me pace our hiking speed waaay down :)

      Delete