Monday, August 13, 2012

Gushing, but its my anniversary so I can

      Dave and I got hitched two years ago today. I know this is blog-worthy and, not wanting to disappoint our blog fans (Mom...Grandma...Pohai...there might be someone else too), I wanted to say something uplifting or humorous about marriage, anniversaries, etc.  Lightning has yet to strike my brain. I struggle to even determine conclusively what it is we celebrate on anniversaries. The joining of two people, two futures? The beginning of a family? Love? And specifically, the second anniversary? Traditionally, second anniversaries are celebrated with gifts of cotton (thanks, Google). Will cue-tips do?
      I'm going to resist my tendency to over-analyze and stick to LOVE. Who doesn't love love? Being in love, feeling loved, having an answer to the hardest questions (its always love. Just go with me on this). I'm so glad love made me take the plunge two years ago with Dave, and that it led us to align our futures for eternity. Two years is nothing compared to forever, but I'm grateful to have had the sample of what I have to look forward to. I don't know that a day has gone by that Dave hasn't made me laugh and feel special. Even at my lowest, which, I would have to say was when I was morning sick with Riley and simultaneously sick with the flu and soooo so pitiful - a weeping, puking, sweating mess -  even then, I was perpetually aware of how much he loved me. He went out to find something, anything that a pregnant lady could take for relief and called everyone he knew who had kids for advice on how to treat morning sickness. He gave me a priesthood blessing. He rubbed my back till I fell asleep. He has always been in my corner, fighting for me when I needed fighting. He makes me feel valued, appreciated. He is committed to me and I am to him. The thought just about makes my heart burst. Thank goodness for anniversaries! Not just an excuse to party but to think back and be thankful - I don't remember my blessings near often enough.
     And now I must include one of my favorite love quotes. Movie junkie that I am, its from "Meet Joe Black."
I want you to get swept away out there. I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish...Yeah. Be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be...
I know it's a cornball thing, but love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back...Stay open. Who knows? Lightning could strike.
 Check, check, and check. I love Dave more than chocolate, my Kindle, soccer, or boots. I love him thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much (arms spread wide). He is always my something to look forward to. He is delightfully surprising and ridiculous and sweet and some days I think I couldn't love him any more and then he does/says something and my heart just opens up another chamber and I do. I guess I'll go make him a pie.


      
     

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you guys have been married 2 years! I'm finally mentioned!!!! And i can see my reflection in this last picture on the temple door. Happy late anniversary!

    ReplyDelete