Sunday, June 24, 2012

What Riley's Wearing

Typically Riley looks more like a little lost boy than a fashionista. But the girl looked pretty good today. Side note: if ever I rob a store it will be Baby Gap - so many cute, pricey clothes (would hit the shelves and the cash register). Despite previous misconceptions stemming from Meg Ryan's bit in "You've Got Mail" about Baby Gap being 'really depressing,' I love that store.
Don't you love baby shoes? So cute and miniature! Riley managed to kick one of her chubby feet into the neck of my undershirt during Sunday school today, pulling it halfway down my bra and snagging the shoe's velcro to the inside. Luckily, we were in a full house and had found seats at the front behind the teachers table so the entire class got a free show. I heaved her above my head so I could get her leg and shoe free and she managed to knee me in the nose just as I detached the velcro and got her out of my shirt. This while the teacher was getting choked up sharing some poignant account that I missed the end of (I miss a lot now that Riley is mobile).  Another six months till she can go to nursery - yay! And then another...12 months till Joe will go... oh well - maybe I'll get better at listening and containing at the same time. And start wearing turtle necks.

 Picture to the left: "what Heidi's wearing." These cookies are the BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES that have ever crossed my lips. If you want to risk making them (you can't have just one - you've been warned), the recipe is here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi, you crack me up. I had to read the shoe bit to Jesse (duh) and I was laughing so hard I could barely get through it! Ah, the joys of parenthood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Yes, parenthood is fun. Funny, anyway :)

      Delete