Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Dear Daviiiiiid...

Happy Birthday to youuuu!

Another year and you just keep getting more and more handsome. Know what I have to show for this year? Stretchmarks. But this is not about me! We are so blessed to have you in our lives and I'm so glad I could spend these years with you. Not the actual day, alas, but in my heart, I'm with you (seems to be the way I do birthdays lately...).

Let me speak for everyone and just say we are all lucky to have you. First, your family. I didn't know I was winning the lottery when we got married - I knew you were awesome and I was head over heels so no problem there. But since then, you've grown on me even more. You are kind and devoted and the best man to have in a bind - no one has such a can-do, patient outlook on problems like you do. You can still make my heart race and you are still my best friend. I appreciate you so much. Riley and Joe adore you - you make fatherhood look easy and more fun than anything, presumably because for you it is. All your other family loves spending time with you and are strengthened by your example and love. Friends - you are no extrovert but somehow attract the most wonderful friends and quality people. Birds of a feather. Strangers. How many strangers have you served over the years? I'd guess the numbers are way up there - it is one of the first things I noticed about you, how generous you are with your time and resources to people, whether you know their story or not.

God bless Dave.






We love you, adorable man.
Never change. Or do, if you want. I'm not the boss of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment