Wednesday, May 13, 2015

MBA Prom

I've always had this kind of fantasy that I could go back and do high school with Dave. Yeah, I know - timing, it was meant to be when it happened, blah, blah, blah; I can dream. I like to suppose we would have been buddies at least. I might have actually attended a baseball game, he might have asked me to prom...sigh.

Well. Minnesota: where dreams come true! We went to prom! We had to get a babysitter of course, and there was a lot less pressure and hype surrounding the whole event. I didn't get my nails done or drag my mom around to every formal dress store in the area (there were only 2) just to have her custom make one to my exact specifications (sorry, Mom).  I got a clearance dress with a broken zipper, which Dave actually ended up sewing me into (so kind of like high school prom dress, haha) and Dave wore a black and white shirt that looked enough like my dress to fool tipsy prom people. The titles of prom king and queen were awarded to my boss, Jeff, the coolest blog administrator ever, and he gave a very touching acceptance speech for the king crown, and an even more touching, falsetto speech when he won queen.

But pictures - that is what we need now.
Dave sews.
We even got our sweet neighbor to take "Prom Pictures" on the front walk. We are sooo coool.

Dave wasn't wearing shoes and the side of my dress was still split wide open at this point but...there ya go.

There was a masquerade theme, which made the many introductions Dave did for me kind of pointless, but it was super fun. Also, props to the DJ: these "children of the 90's" were very happy. Gangters. Paradise. hahaha
Afterwards we went to Perkins - the Denny's of Minnesota - with some good friends and reviewed the past two years over milkshakes and pie. We all agreed - it was well worth it. So glad we chose the University of Minnesota!

We got home about 12:30, and when I tried to sneak past Riley and Joe's room I heard Riley gasp and say, "Oh Mom! Did you go to the royal ball?!" Oh, that girl. She was giddy and it was rather flattering. We took a picture in between her stroking my skirt and patting my head. Then Joe stumbled over and insisted on a picture with him in it, but, as you can see, he wasn't really awake. It was very late.
And that was that.  Well, three songs later, and that was that.

I'm so glad I got to live out my prom-with-Dave fantasy - bae is just like, sooo dreamy.*

*That was me trying to talk like the kids these days? haha. Speaking of, today I told Riley I was going to pick up her friend and I'd be right back, and she groans and says, "Oh my gosh. Every. Time." haha What? What's every time? I don't get it. And also, later, Joe told me he was "pretending Mr. Butt Butt is drums," and proceeded to smack me on the bum. He and Riley have had conversations about Mr. Butt Butt, at times when I'm wearing leggings, but it wasn't certain who they were talking about till now. They've named my derriere, and it's a "Mr." Ha. Ha. Ha.

Heidi out.

No comments:

Post a Comment