Saturday, May 2, 2015

How to title a post with flowers, tacos, pirates and pizza...hmm... call it, "Spring."

I realize that it has been a longer than usual between blog posts lately. It doesn't feel that way though, as I've been busy recording elsewhere. Namely, Riley and Joe's baby books and the Carlson blog. I just submitted my last post for them, sadly, as soon Dave will be graduating and then it's sayonara U of M! It has been an amazing experience and we have loved our time here, and I'm starting to get just a touch sentimental about it. Pictures.
At the end of a long day, sometimes the babies need help getting upstairs. Dave Munion has some rock-hard quads!
Put on a mask and turn into a crazy person. Dave made em.
A precious bouquet of weeds from the chillens.
Past guests - apologies for not taking you to Rusty's Tacos; they are to die for. Future guests: hope you like tacos.
 We got a killer deal on an 8-person tent. It almost fits in our living room! Watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua is a lot more fun when viewed through a tent flap haha. But we hope to camp outdoors soon!



Lake Calhoun: chilly, but Riley hasn't met a lake (thawed) that she doesn't want to wade in.
 Our neighbor did a killer paint job on Ri and Joe's faces last week and having this across from me at lunch made every bite hilarious.
This girl and her surprises.
We, like the rest of Minnesota, are relishing, reveling in the sunny warm weather. There is no spring like a Minnesota spring. Possibly because the winter is so harsh. But also the lakes - they are thawed and rippling now, surrounded by aspen trees (I think it's aspen) and willows and drawing the geese and ducks home by the hundreds. Our favorite walks - they're around lakes.

We've also spent many happy afternoons out at the parks, and my soccer team has moved the game from the gym to an outdoor field, as of today. I think I was running a lot more than I needed too, because I'm used to the indoor game and all, and by the end of 2 hours I was exhausted. I'm feeling my age I think. I used to be able to play pick-up all day! That just figures, doesn't it? OH and I found my first grey hair. Excuse me. Stark white hair. I thought it was a thread or something, but no! With shaking hand I took this picture:
What can I say, we live in an age of chronic over-sharing. And basically, I want to document the first time my age ambushed me. I've never cared about numbers - meh, what's in a number? But that first grey hair came out of nowhere! Well, I guess it came out of my head. Wah wah...the surprise just surprised me! It was like, "Hey, you just turned 30 so...surprise!" I confess, I used to toy with idea of dying my hair grey. Now it's a trend - #grannyhair. I think it flops more often than not - it doesn't look distinguished on the young as it does the old. To me. Anyways, I suppose the next grey/white hair I will graciously permit to flourish, now I know they're coming. At least, until I dye the lot again. 

Dave's greys came in this past year too, and he looks smoking hot, if I may say so. 

Ok well, to take us out, here is Joe in the shoe store today. Dave taught him his runway walk.
 And we had pizza. This girl loves her pizza
 PS: the Sabbath approaches: I read this talk this week and it's been on my mind since.
"The dance steps of the gospel are the things we do; the music of the gospel is the joyful spiritual feeling that comes from the Holy Ghost. It brings a change of heart and is the source of all righteous desires. The dance steps require discipline, but the joy of the dance will be experienced only when we come to hear the music.: - Elder  Wilford W. Anderson
I second that - our home is just happier when we pray together, read scriptures, and try to follow Christ's teachings. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. What is going to happen after graduation? Are you staying in MN? Miss you guys. The tacos look bomb .com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our plans are yet to be determined, Pohai - we will be in MN at least another month though!

      Delete