Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Halloween of 2014. And the decade.

I feel like we spent more time in costume this past week than out of it! Let me share our crazy festive week with you:

Halloween Party #1: St. Paul Ward

Last week we went to our old church family's ward for their halloween party and trunk-or-treat. It was wonderful to reconnect with old friends and there were lots of fun games and crafts to keep the kids busy. The young men ran the games, I think. They are a good bunch of kids.
 We forgot to take any family pictures, but Riley was a princess, Joe a dragon, Dave a knight, and I a (hastily thrown together) fairy godmother. If you ask Joe, though, Dave was a tunnel. Joe loves tunnels, and when he saw Dave duck-taping a card board box to look like armor, I guess he thought it looked like a tunnel. We went with it - it's all about the kids, right?

Preschool Halloween Costume Day
That's about as good a group shot as you're gonna get with these little rascals (missing the third batman - he was shy, behind a chair)

 Roseville Library Halloween Story Time

Riley and the story time lady dressed matching! Riley felt a little jealous of the three Batmans at preschool the day before, so I was glad she had a twin at story time. And the teacher, no less! She was pretty excited.
Catching some screen time at the library. In style.

Halloween Day!
We went to the Gleason's Gymnasium in Eagon Halloween morning. The plan was to exhaust the children so they would nap for trick-or-treating. I only succeeded with the first part - they were pretty tired after this activity, but they woke up when I got them out of the car and that was the end of nap time. I think we've seen the last of decent naps with these two. 
But they had a great time!

Roseville Mall Trick-or-Treat

Halloween was a clear chilly day - 30 degrees - and Riley did NOT want to put a coat on over her costume so we went to the mall where, I learned, trick or treating happens every Halloween as a safer alternative to traditional door-to-door. Dave almost had me convinced it wasn't the most ghetto trick-or-treat ever, but then a fight broke out among a bunch of saggy-pants teenagers. Luckily, the children didn't even notice - they were occupied with the hunt! They came home with all kinds of booty. And coupons, since, you know, the mall and all.

They got quite a haul. Luckily, they forget about it the day after if it is out of sight, so really they have only enjoyed a handful of candy each. Unluckily, I never forget about candy.,,

Last Halloween Party: New Brighton Ward
 Our ward had a hopping party. Chili cook-off (I will find the owner of that turkey and butternut squash chili and I will steal their recipe), costumes, treats, balloon animals, and dance off.
 And I made a really ridiculous movie mostly of Joe having the time of his life. For a full minute of dance-fights, see below:
(For best picture, watch it on Youtube)

Whew. Well, I think we maxed out the milage for that holiday. Such a fun week, which I'm glad is over. All that partying is great but I'm a routine kind of girl (aren't we all?). Plus Riley and Joe have been too wound up not only for naps but even full night sleeps. Enough is enough. 

But er, Happy Halloween ya'll!

2 comments: