Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

You know what makes me feel thankful? Writing in this blog! I didn't anticipate that when I started, but recalling all the good things in life keeps them fresher. My memory: not so good. Putting it all in writing/pictures makes it hard to forget. I probably over share more often than not, but, truth be told, this blog is as much for me as for anyone.

"T" is for turkey cupcakes with the preschool group.

Well, I write this as Dave is tackling bath time. I have an empty milk glass and cupcake wrapper by my side and cornbread cooling on the stove (cornbread stuffing...awwww yeah!) Today Dave had the day off so we got to host Thanksgiving preschool together - lots of turkey talk and crafting and baking and Charlie Brown. We hit the library and the grocery store and the thrift store (tacky sweaters!) and we made dinner together. Once the babies are in bed we have Christmas projects to work on and pie to make. At the moment what I am thankful for: this sweet little family of mine. Riley's sassy and Joe is scrappy and Dave is...a little of both haha. My other family, friends - we are all a little quirky, wonderfully so. And besides that, we love each other, and really what more can you ask for in this life?

Riley is thankful for Mom and Dad, cars, airplanes, the park, and Joey, because "when I'm sick he makes me happy."


No comments:

Post a Comment