Wednesday, September 17, 2014

MN State Fair

The other night Dave reminded me I hadn't blogged the MN State Fair. Well alrighty then!

We went to the fair. It is kind of a big deal and has been on our list since we got here. It was a touch rainy but I figured that would lessen the crowds at least. Wrongo! There were sooo many people! Masses and masses of corn-dog eating, beer-drinking, ride...riding farm peoples. Or, as in our case, farm people wanna-be's. It only rained a little on the outset and then the rest of the time we toured barns and art shows and performances and ate our way through the fair in peace.
We loved the kiddy farm. They rode tractors, planted seeds, picked apples etc. and so forth.




 My favorite part was the parade. There were some intricate floats and talented acts, but mostly I watched Joe. Shaking what his mother gave him haha.
 His moves are mostly from me at the kitchen sink, I do believe. We should probably get them both in dance, so they can expand their repertoire.

By the way, this comes to you via my phone internet - Dave showed me how to "tether" and so we are back in business! Sorta - it makes for some sloooooow uploading to blogger, but we should have high-speed internet in another month or so. In the meantime, let me take another five minutes and upload a few more pics from that fair week. I got nowhere to go.

 We found the best Mexican place in MN: El Carambas. That is, Chris found it; thanks, Chris!The decor is half the appeal, but the food is delicious as well.
 We stayed for a week with some friends from school and Riley and Joe were in heaven - new friends, new toys, new parks. Those are some awesome friends that let you crash in their basement while you wait for your apartment to become available.

 Now Dave's been in school for two weeks and the party that was our summer is over. It was a good one! But it is also good to be back in a routine and organizing/decorating our humble abode. I scored a really awesome side table/shelf thingy and a green chair from the underground Target today, wot wot! It is located under the Salvation Army in Minneapolis, and stocked with last season or "dent and ding" products from the Targets all over. How awesome is that. We also now have a full set of mis-matched dining chairs, so come on over for dinner! Our place is super cozy! I love it.

2 comments: