Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Toddler Duet

Riley should write for Disney - her lyrics are ever so much more dramatic.

These lil' darling's about killed me today. I almost lost it at least 7 times, but instead I stood still and stared, silently erupting in my core. Yes, "erupt" is the word I've landed on after a good five minutes of thought. Do you do that? Something puts you over the edge (biting, whining, mess-making, furniture de-facing, etc.) and you stand still and silent till the flames clear from you vision, so you don't do or say something you'll regret? I might have issues. And then when they are asleep, I start watching cute videos and wanting to snuggle. Definite issues. But I remember how darn blessed I am and repent and resolve to be better tomorrow. More like my mom, actually. She is the most patient, loving, compassionate mother a spazzy girl like me could ask for. She never saw flames when we were being annoying, or at least was very good at hiding it. Thanks for giving me the best role model Mom, as I try to navigate this whole "motherhood" thing - you made it look easier than it is!

2 comments:

  1. Great singing and the message is (near as I can tell) to "let it go!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that is a good message! Riley's version is "When I go, when I go, don't cry for me when I go."

      Delete