Saturday, January 4, 2014

A howdy from UT AND VA

Don sent me this video of Dave on the slopes yesterday. I think it is safe to say he is having a good time.

And so is everyone else.

We are keeping a pretty good act together ourselves. Yesterday Riley and I went into town to see Frozen and Riley loved the movie almost as much as the popcorn. I enjoyed it too. We had the entire theater to ourselves and could narrate and sing "the Snowman Song" to hearts content.

This morning Ang and I took the babies out sledding on the powder from yesterdays storm.
xx's for you, Babydaddy. If mine look tired, it's because of your son - he partied all night. Mom and Dad relieved me about 3 am and took him downstairs and when I came down in the morning, he was riding his tyke toy around and had gold fish and chocolate milk smeared over face and clothes. I am dumbfounded.

We also made a snowman. And about a million snow angels.

Seeing the world throuigh the eyes of a child really does make the ordinary extraordinary. Maybe that's why people pop out a baby and BAM, start taking millions of pictures and everyone else is like, "booooring - another picture of someone else's kid in the snow...yawn..."

Ahem. I do what I want.


Anyways, Riley is having a blast and you can't help but join her. Don't like winter? Spend ten seconds sledding down a hill with a laughing, shrieking toddler in front and you might just change your mind. Not a morning person? Wait till she crawls into bed with you and starts stroking your hair and singing,"Gingle mom, Gingle mom, Gingle allll da way." There is simply no defense against her.

Whoever came up with "the terrible two's" clearly did not know what they were talking about! And I hope I didn't just jinx something.

Speaking of age - Happy Birthday Don Harreld! I tried to text you but we don't get service out here. But it said, "Hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are!" Because you are super wonderful.

Karen - please tell Don to read this post! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment