Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Sunday Devotional, by Riley and Fisher Price

I am too pooped to poop. Or blog. I just wanted to share this sweet little moment from Riley's blanket fort, her singing "I Am a Child of God" (with a "Popcorn Song" encore).

I imagine it does God's heart good to hear little kids singing about Him. God's not vain, obviously, but I think He would like it because those childhood songs have a way of sticking with a person, and their messages might help us live our lives better, and get back to Him when our number's up. I am glad Riley already has some in her repertoire.

And this scripture:
For my soul delighteth in the song of the hearth; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads. - D&C 25:12
Amen and AMEN.

(I just decided to make this into my theme this week. The week of uplifting music. I think it might be a moment of genius on my part. And to implement it...if you feel so inclined, send any and all worthy music my way - I would really love some assistance!) 

7 comments:

  1. Heidi: Check out this inspirational song. One of my favorites:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMF_24cQqT0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was really neat - I like the song but I didn't know all that background info. Very interesting!

      Delete
  2. That was so dang cute. She is getting so big! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Google Eric Whitacre. That's where I am currently drawing instrument

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim - I just watched his 'Lux Aurumque' virtual choir and it was beautiful and uplifting - just what I needed!

      Delete