Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall is here, my peoples

 And it is beautiful.








Friday was a breezy 78 degrees. Minnesota ,you kill me! We uh, went to the zoo. Again. And then the park after.










That's our girl - loves the rush of the big kid slide, toddler play area be darned.







Then today the temperature dropped by about 20 degrees. We're cool with that - we had determined we were going to wear boots and sweaters to do some pumpkin patching regardless of the weather, so it worked out. Me and my boots, we had a blast! Oh and so did Dave and the kiddies - that Afton Orchards is LEGIT. They had hay rides, pumpkins, apple orchards, rasberry patches, a petting zoo, playground, cider press, and live music. And WE had these crazy babies - it was a perfectly perfect outing.




Riley's big thing these days is the word, "ah-HAAaa!" as if she just solved a mystery or something. She says is with such gusto whenever she sees something that makes her happy and gets me every time.

Finds a pumpkin small enough to pick up: ah-HAAaa!
Discovers the M&M's I packed in our picnic: ah-HAAaa!
Joe abandons my lap finally so I now can read her her book... etc and so forth. It really is a wonderful word. We should use it more.
It got cloudy and COLD! But a little chill to nip your fingers and nose is only appropriate in a pumpkin patch.
 
Riley found a friend to ride pigs with her whilst listening to a this fiddle and banjo duo.
What with all the constant chatter about farm animals, Riley is somewhat less excited for them in real life. She seemed prepared to punch it in the nose and run away if it showed the least bit of interest in engaging her.

Berry pickin'!

Our Joe couldn't get enough! They were really delicious.
And then we had our picnic in the car because we were ready to thaw out and enjoy our M&M's in peace.

Finally we went home to relax. Dave made us some cornbread and chili for dinner and now I can go to bed feeling fully satisfied that is is my favorite time of year. That is, after I show you this picture of someone who knows how to enjoy life.

Smoothie Monster!

Joe, you are a joy and a gentleman. Gosh I love my family. I love the time we get to spend together. Dave is such a rock and a blast at the same time. Riley is sweet and funny and sympathetic. Joe is focused and quietly observant and cuddly. When I think of them, my life's blessings, you just kind of feel like life is beautiful and everything is going to be ok. Its still hard but your challenges feel more like challenges than hardships - you feel the purpose behind the difficulty, and struggle becomes an honor. That thought has some more developing to do but suffice it to say, I have been uncharacteristically thoughtful for the past few weeks. Not considerate - thoughtful. Just trying to adapt, get my head around our new life here and my place, nitch, groove, what have you. Where to focus my energies. It's been a journey.

On that note...I'm off to bed. A body needs to be fully rested to teach one's primary class tomorrow. Otherwise, those Sunbeams will DESTROY you. Just kidding! But am I?

Night night!


No comments:

Post a Comment