Friday, October 4, 2013

Cheezits > Oatmeal; Chicken Soup

Wherein Riley feeds Joe pilfered cheezits (found before I finished making breakfast), and Joe's belly gets too big for him to sit up properly.


It made me laugh. And tell them they were having kale for lunch to make up for it, which made them laugh. Well, who hasn't had cake for breakfast and called it a muffin? Oh, you haven't? I'm guessing you are a dude then, cause come on!

We actually have leftover chicken noodle soup for lunch today - really delicious and nutritious such that I wanted to write the recipe down for future use but it was all kind of 'to taste' - chicken stock, bullion and water, 2 celery, 3 carrots, 1 onion, 2 garlic, thyme and parsley, chicken and egg noodles and squeezed lemon. Paired with crusty homemade bread and it was a good rainy day meal. Our neighbor and her toddler joined us and brought acorn squash too. Welcome, October! I love you I love you I love you I love you.

Here is Riley loving it too. Especially when it rains!

She had a good time dashing back and forth and I am sure the neighbors knew it from all the squealing. I am grateful to live with such happy people. Life is better when you are laughing!

Well, let's here it for the weeeeeekeeeeeend! I am really excited for this weekend. General Conference! And with it, a little needed encouragement, inspiration, direction and peace. God is good.

Now back to work! It ain't the weekend yet - we got puddles to splash in and laundry to do! (I have a pretty good job I must admit).

No comments:

Post a Comment