Wednesday, June 26, 2013

We're Moving!

Ick. This was a few days ago. It is looking slightly better now - more boxes, but they are taped up now.

IT'S MOVING DAY!!! And I do say it with all the panic of The Rats of Nimh, in case you've seen that.

Our trailer with our life's possessions is going out with Don tomorrow morning so this evening we are clearing out the house, and staying with the Herralds (in Jake's room - is it clean yet, Jake? Haha, but is it?? :) till we leave for Minnesota on Friday. That is, the babies and I and Suzette fly out Friday. Dave is driving on Saturday, maybe Tuesday. Oh, and if he is driving on his own, I have been informed he will be driving pantless. Well then.

We have been packing for two weeks and we're ready to get moving! It has been kind of chaotic and stressful - I think the babies have picked up on that. This morning for the first time in their young lives, the mini-anarchists, I mean, angels, threw stuff in the toilet. Dave's phone, Joe's car, and Riley's pacifier. Maybe they just wanted to leave a little time capsule in their first home. Awww. They did look almost reverential when I found them standing in front of the comode, quietly watching Dave's phone flash spasmodically in the deepest part. Seemed...a little metaphorical...for my life right now...

Just kidding, life is good. But nobody but nobody loves the moving process! And I am a little sad just because we have loved our life here and love a bunch of people here. There have been lots of "last trips" and good byes. Teens from Dave's class that he teaches at church keep coming by. Once, to bring him a heart-shaped pizza the kid made at work for him, and another guy brought sunflower seeds and jerky, I guess for Dave's pantless roadtrip? I don't know but it was sweet to hear them awkwardly express from the porch step how they are going to miss him. And Dave gave THEM pairs of funky socks. HIS socks, that they had noticed when he'd worn to church. I wouldn't have thought to give used socks as gifts, but they were thrilled, so...good job, Dave - no doubt the kids will treasure those funky socks for years to come.

Well, enough procrastination. I got stuff to do! Ok, a few pictures, but then - down to business!
Riley's plotting face (note the pilfered cough drops). Luckily, our colds are mostly gone.
 Then, a trip to Lani's Shave Ice from the other day with our neighbors, Kristi and Elaina. We got sweetened condensed milk on Riley's Maui Melon and ice cream in my Mango ice. So delicious! Its in Pleasant Grove on State Street, in case your local snow cone place isn't that cool.
Riley likes to wear her panties on top these days. What can I say - you got to choose your battles.
Dave eating his pizza of love from a student, and wearing his jersey from high school. Sometimes I wonder what it would have been like to date high schooler Dave. Maybe not that different...haha. I loooove him.
Update June 28th: I am clearly loosing my mind to have pretty much repeated the same post from a few days ago... maybe I'll edit one of these out someday. Or leave it to remind me what its like to slip slowly into madness.
Update of a minute after: ya, I deleted it. It is toooo stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment