Friday, June 21, 2013

Riley's Day

How do you party with a sick, sneezy 2-year-old? Yes, Riley and Joe are on their snotteenth cold this year so inviting all her little friends over was out of the question - a crying shame because Riley LOVES the other babies. Well, we managed to have a pretty good day regardless. I know because today Riley needed at nap by 10:30 - still recovering I guess!
The first batch of cupcakes. I had oven issues...The second batch was the delicious.
A little backyard swimming.

Sidewalk Chalking

Riley "helping" in the kitchen.



Angie's gift was a stroke of genius - Riley has hardly put her Charlie Brown doll down since she opened it!




Then we went to Dave's last softball game of the season, and along came Charlie Brown and her new picnic basket from Grandma.

And then she found some friends to play in the dirt with.
After baths and after Joe was asleep, we snuggled on the couch and watched Finding Nemo. Riley, you are sooo lucky to have us! :) And we are so lucky to have you. The world changed when you came. For instance, there are a lot more diapers in my days and stretchmarks on my hips. But also far more love and laughter and beauty than ever before. My heart is full. I love your sticky kisses and watching you grow - you are going to do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment