Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring time puddles

What lovely, warm rain we have been having! I love it, and apparently, so does Riley. It takes me back to my misty, rainy VA childhood. Now sharing a rainy afternoon with my daughter is a little surreal. I hope she always likes to play with me!



   Dave was gone last week to Minnesota and was happy to report that, ahem, "there were not any stupid people there," so that is good. He met some of the faculty and a lot of other MBA candidates and got to check out the campus and city and I guess he got all kinds of good vibes. Later this week he will be visiting Carnegie Mellon so he can make the best informed decision by next Monday, which is when Carnegie wants his answer, and deposit. We feel like both are good options that lead to good futures. If we go to MN, with its full tuition scholarship and wintry winters, we get to buy new boots  - something like this or this I am thinking. If we go to Carnegie, with its smaller scholarship, we get to eat more Ramen than we currently treat ourselves to, occasionally visit VA on the weekend... It is tough to decide. I really like those boots...

hmm...in the meantime, these babies keep me company whilst their Dad is trapsying about the country. As Ander says, they are a distraction and a delight. Riley is currently dancing to the creepy puppet song on Charlie and the Chocolate factory. And Joseph, well he pretends to crawl and makes farting noises with his mouth constantly. Andrea and I walked the mall on Saturday, and I had covered up Joe in his car seat to try to get him to sleep but he wanted to make those noises the whole time. It caused more than one person to raise an eyebrow. Babies.
Riley likes looking at the world through rose-colored tupperware.

 What I got to watch of General Conference, now online here, was beautiful and exactly what my heart needed. Like,"There are few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous mother," and , "What ere thou art, act well thy part."

I missed most of it because the babies are not too interested yet, but only means I have a date with the ipod whenever we get to go on walks again. Wed, maybe. It is a good way to ingest conference, except when talks make me cry, which is a little awkward.  But I am so grateful for Conference and the increased Spirit in my life when I listen and try to make those changes in how I think and act to be more in line with God. Boy I need it. Interestingly, having babies to care for has made it more of a challenge to take the time to get close to God. Old routines have of necessity made way for new and scripture and prayer, along with showers, lunch, and exercise, get forgotten more than I care to admit. But the spirit you feel in conference makes you hungry, and it lets you know that God is looking out for you, if you take the time to notice. I am grateful for the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment