Monday, April 15, 2013

Decision Made!

We are going to Minnesota! Land of 10,000 lakes! The state I now know how to spell!

My head is so full of preparations for the move but a quick dial back to mention about Dave's trip to Pennsylvania: suffice it to say he was impressed by the campus and the presentations but not really more so than he was with University of Minnesota, when he was there the weekend before. Oh, one of the key note speakers for Carnegie gave an especially rousing speech about the merits of the school, and Dave started talking to him after and realized he was rather drunk. Good job I guess, guy, for holding it together for your speech. Way to hold that liquor! Nevertheless, to Minnesota we go.

We are super excited about this decision. MN is the base for more Fortune Five Hundred companies than you will find anywhere else, and the University works closely with them to get their MBA's great internship opportunities and experience. Also, Dave's full-tuition scholarship will save us $94,000. And yes, I have a legitimate excuse to get new boots - holla!

Classes start in August so come July, we are outta here. The next three months will be filled with preparations for the move and saying goodbyes, as well as finishing off our UT bucket list, so to speak. Utah has been really good to us. Here we got degrees and each other and babies and loved ones and it sure has been a happy place. And I feel certain that God's hand was in all of it, and certain that He will ''guide [our] future as He has the past.'' That was the assurance that I felt at the temple last week and it has really taken the stress out of this whole process for me. God also had my back at church yesterday, by the way - Dave was still flying back from Pennsylvania but Riley and Joe were pleasant and calm the whole sacrament meeting, so I actually got to relax and pay attention! It was weird! I've never seen a two year old sit in her chair with arms folded for practically the whole meeting but that is what the energizer bunny did. Sabbath day miracle!

And now for a Monday treat:

If a baby in footy jammies rocking on a sock monkey rocker doesn't get a smile, all I can say is you must be in a dark, cold place. Doing last minute taxes maybe. Or dealing with people doing last minute taxes, as Dave is; he was not exactly skipping out the door this morning. I guess I  will go make him some cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats! Sad you are leaving, but that's great that Dave's getting a scholarship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting. We will miss having curry nights and play dates with you guys, but on to bigger and better things I suppose. Great job Dave!

    ReplyDelete