Friday, December 28, 2012

Seizing the night, the very late night.

Last night at about eight thirty I left the house to get paper towels.
I returned with this stuff instead:
This is what happens when Dave is busy with MBA applications, I get out alone for the first time in weeks, Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, and Kohl's is open till eleven. It was the perfect storm.And yes, I got a fur scarf. All I can say is, BAM! Polka dot skinnies, denim shirt, reindeer thermal, sweater slippers, and running shoes - every girl should have a giddy shopping spree once in a while.

Every girl should not then stay up till 1am cleaning the house for company (super excited for Kyle and Megan to get here so we can party!) and then get four broken hours of sleep thanks to a congested baby, but you roll with it.

Luckily, Dave is good at rolling with it, so when the crazy overcomes me (like that guy in Fight Club, but domesticated) and I wake everyone up in the middle of the night by loudly scrubbing, spraying and rinsing the upstairs bathroom, he doesn't lock me in the closet. In fact, he has the decency when I finally get in bed to ask me how my shopping trip was and did I get anything fabulous. I would have murdered me! Staying out till 11 shopping and then rattling around the house cleaning like a crazy person... It's a good thing I married a chill guy. Who I will call now to stop at Costco on his way home. We still need paper towels...

No comments:

Post a Comment