Sunday, December 16, 2012

2012 hi-light video. Christmas came early! You're welcome.

 As the year draws to a close, and I start reflecting on all the changes that have taken place in our lives I am feeling overwhelmed by how good God's been to me . It makes me want to sing a country ballad, but I won't. Instead, I made this video, hi-lighting some of our greatest blessings: the bobbies, obviously.

*Credit to Dave for teaching me how to use iMovie - I can't wait to make lots of cheesy movies in 2013.

      Riley went to nursery today! It's a big deal - I no longer have to corale her in the adult Sunday school class, pretending to learn something while subtly pushing her chubby hands out of my neighbors purse or scuffing my foot in the carpet to hide her cheerio crumbs. Of course she loves nursery - she loves playing with other babies and was fascinated by the singing and snack-time routines. They kept giving her a napkin to lay her snack on and she proudly kept blowing her nose in it, but she caught on eventually that it was for food, not boogies. I was in there with her this week to sub for one of the other teachers but next week she'll go it alone and will rock it, I'm sure.

     This weekend also marked the first time Joe was put to bed by someone other than ourselves. Friday night we went and saw the Hobbit for Jake's birthday and I was surprised how much I liked it! I thought it was funny and humorous. I am not 100% sure if that is because it was or if it was because I was so excited to get out and party like a free woman...I love our babies more than anything, but I can enjoy a night out without hauling diaper bags along as much as the next parental. 

    Saturday we went to dinner and Christmas shopping, just Dave and me. Another first: sent my steak back to the kitchen (Med-rare should NOT have purple in it still, should it?) I felt like a gangster. They brought it back perfectly cooked and delicious and my hell-raising earned us a personal visit from the manager. He pretended to be by our table to sweep, but then talked to us, all timid-like, as if I were indeed a gangster. Dang it feels good...

    Do you ever think I just can't stop typing? It gets a little silly sometimes. It's this ole brain! You know, I lost my debit card this week for four days - just found it in my robe pocket. I also lost my phone, Riley's snow boot, and my coat. The boot and coat aren't coming back I think. I'm hoping that someday when I get to sleep through the night that I will turn into less of a flake. Mom, your thoughts?


1 comment:

  1. I love the video. I love the last clip too. I still remember them coming home to show you it. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete