Friday, July 20, 2012

Twas the Morning of Due Date

And all through the house, not a creature was stirring...except the big ole pregnant lady. Its 5:21am. I'm up and waiting for the hospital to call and tell us to come in so I can be induced and have Joe today! I fell asleep last night thinking how I should have documented Riley's last day as an only child. She is 13 months old today and WHAT A DELIGHT she has been! She makes me laugh every day and is already showing her personality to be social, empathetic, and loving. Its hard to imagine loving another baby this much but I hear your heart just expands to make room, or something. I'm as excited to see how thats going to work as I am to meet our son, see what he looks like and what his little personality is like. At the moment he is giving me an inner ab-wall massage - I can feel knees and toes all down my sides and on my hip bones - how kind of him.
    Yesterday we had a nice day together. Started out with Riley and I going to the gym - my last chance to work out for a month or so and Riley's to see her fellow mini gym rats. Then I went to the doctor, who told me that I was progressed to 3cm and that she thought the delivery would probably go really fast once I start pitocin and get my water broken. That would be great! Riley took 12 hours getting here and it was kind of boring. The past half hour I've had contractions about 9 minutes apart so that is promising. After the doctors, nap time, then Mom and Dad got here and gave us presents (Riley finally has a rocking chair of her very own and she is estatic), and took us to dinner along with Em's new husband, Chris. We had a nice visit and then turned in for an early evening to get some rest before the big day. Which is today! Now I just need the hospital to call us! They said they start calling around 5:30. Its 5:38. Jeopardy music has been playing in my head since I got up at 5. In the meantime I am re-watching this ridiculousness that Dave shared with me last night:
In other news: Em is graduating today and moving down to SL to finally live with her hubby: congratulations to her and cheers to a new chapter!!!

THEY CALLED - WE'RE GOIN IN!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great video and I can't wait to meet little Emilio... I mean Joe...

    ReplyDelete