Saturday, February 10, 2018

Thanksgiving 2017

I'll just mention: I made a new years goal to blog more - it's such a wonderful way of recording these priceless baby years we will only have once. I love reading old posts. So while I lack motivation to do it, these couple weeks before the baby comes, and dealing with sickness and injury rather a lot lately, seems like the time to make good on that goal.

THANKSGIVING

We were so blessed to have Dad come out this year for Thanksgiving, our first in our own home! It wasn't perfect. Sickness! Dang you! Dad had a bug himself his last day with us and for weeks after he got home. So sad! But still...it was a very homey, tasty Thanksgiving, and he brought the party and a lot of joy for us all. Made it feel Thanksgiving-y.

We did our traditional meal - turkey, cornbread stuffing, cranberry sauce shaped like a can...I also discovered too late that I didn't have a pre-made pie crust so did an easy one I found through google and it turned out great! Nice when that happens.

 It was a cold Thanksgiving day, but we made it to the church Turkey Bowl, and got out to the parks a couple times while Dad was here.



 Day after Thanksgiving we went to a farm and cut our own Christmas tree, after much debate. It was a Frasier Fir, and it lasted through Christmas and beyond, fresh and fragrant.




 With Grandpa here to babysit, Dave and I went to see A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie and it was EXCELLENT. If I could marry a story, I'd marry that one. Seeing it on a stage so wonderfully performed was, well, like a kid at Christmas.

 What a great Dad/Granpa. Thanks for making our Thanksgiving so special!


No comments:

Post a Comment