Saturday, February 10, 2018

Halloween 2017

So far behind...lets dive in shall we? (And I feel compelled to say I just had to check the year to make sure it was correct. That is my brain these days.)

Halloween...and other fall festivities

We went to the Fall Harvest apple orchard this year and it was a success. Apples: good. Petting zoo: good. Corn pit: yes. There were a ton of free activities for the children. We picked and paid for 15 pounds of apples (the 5 pounds we ate while picking were free :) and made apple sauce and pie. What's more, the hour drive it takes to get there is gorgeous - much of it follows a river and there are quaint farm houses and churches and fall foliage everywhere. A very satisfactory trip from start to finish. BUT: I still like the apple cider donuts from Apple Jacks orchard. I don't remember even seeing them here. So.



Fun with friends at the Allyons Halloween bash:
 Neighborhood trick-or-treating: the neighbors get really into it and there are all kinds of spooky decor, bonfires, and music along with treats (and adult beverages) up and down the block. The kids (Spiderman and Supergirl) had a blast - ended up joining forces with a gang of kids, which was handy when Joe fell in the bushes and scattered his candy everywhere and everyone helped him pick it up. So I heard - Henry and I went home early because 1)it was freezing. Like 10 degrees. and 2)gotta hand out candy. Henry wouldn't fool with a costume this year. He went as a confused, cold baby.
 Our three-faced punkin.
Church trunk-or-treat. The youth put this together and did a great job! Lots of games and hotdogs before heading out to the parking lot for trunk-or-treat, and it was over in an hour! My kind of party!
 And that in a nutshell...I tried to pare down the Halloween festivities this time around. It seems like I usually burn out on all the activities long before the actual day so this year was a nice change. Plus, I was still quite sick from pregnancy and this changes your priorities, doesn't it? But the kids got their fill, of candy and fun. I told them if they picked out 10 pieces of candy, I'd buy the rest from them for five bucks and they were immediately on board. Kids get so sugared out this holiday, I don't think they even had to consider it. And Dave and I only recently finished off the spoils (3 months later). Win, win!

No comments:

Post a Comment