Friday, January 22, 2016

Riley and Joe Learn to Ski

Milestone! First ski trip! Riley and Joe had a blast - thrilled when they got it right and no less so when they fell right on their faces. So much giggling. Dave and Jake did most of the heavy lifting, and I got to document. (I can't say I was upset about this - I'm not a big ski/snowboarder. I am a big fan of these guys though, and loved watching them have the time of their lives.)

The Sundance Film festival is going on up there right now, as was a professional snowboard competition - exciting day to be in Park City! Didn't see Brad Pitt, or go watch any cool tricks, but those couldn't possibly have been more fun than watching my family learn and laugh and, occasionally, eat it but then get back up and try again. Dave is the perfect sensei, something I figured out while we were dating and he took me up on the slopes to, you know, attempt the impossible and help me learn to snowboard. He is so patient and encouraging - none of his many students come out feeling like they are less than awesome because he believes everyone can be awesome. And tells them so. I dedicate this video to Sensei David. Even though it's mostly footage of the babies. Also, a special thanks to Jake, who made this adventure a lot easier than it would have been had I been the other wrangler over the kids. This belly of mine is getting unwieldy.


I love love love Riley's kind of tai chi pose when she is concentrating on balancing and stopping. And how about those sweet jumps? Not bad for a Texas boy, is he? (FYI - filming creds to Jake for that, and to Dave for Jake's jump at the beginning).




 Isn't it funny how Riley likes to ham it up for the camera and then you've got Joe, pulling his coat over his head or making goofy faces.

A view on the way home to end the day. That's Utah beauty!
After a couple hours of that they were pretty beat. "Doesn't all that exercise make you hungry?" I asked. (It was I that wanted to get some lunch) "Actually, it makes me sleepy," was Riley's response. I still managed to get that burger, but they slept all the way home.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment