Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Baby #3 is a...

We had an ultrasound today. Last time we did this Riley was in tow, but she was only 8 months old and didn't really understand...she tried to eat the sonogram picture. This time we had two kids and both were super excited to see their new sibling. Dave's face was pretty delightful too. Seeing your baby for the first time is a strange experience, in the best way - makes me go all gushy inside and start murmuring things like, "Hi, sweetie" at the screen. How cool is it that they are now making 3D printouts of sonogram pictures for blind parents?? Anyways, we were happy to see that the baby was healthy and had all its parts, and hopefully I won't wake up at 3am anymore wondering if it has spina bifida, which is what I did last night.

And yes, we found out the gender. Dave and I were at odds - I thought girl, he thought boy, and it was the only way to settle things. And good thing we did too! I like having about 70% of our baby names crossed off the list. Plus, I'll be honest: I kind of got rid of most of our baby clothes in our last move, so thought it wouldn't hurt to do some shopping.

And now: Riley and Joe's announcement and thoughts on their new little sibling:


*Note - I like the name Elsa, we know some very sweet little Elsa's. I'm just tired of Frozen.
**Due date is still April 18th! Ultrasound confirmed!

2 comments: