Thursday, June 18, 2015

Tamarac Nature Center, Elm Creek, and Carousel

What a day the Munion's have had! For example, at dinner Riley and Joe were spitting into the air, pretending they were spitting "at the bad guys." I, by way of stern reproof, said, "Well stop it. And if you ever do meet a bad guy, you probably should not spit in his face." To which Dave mumbles around a bite a food, "It worked when some guy tried to car jack us." Whaa?? It's like I don't even know him sometimes. But apparently, Dave spit in some carjacker's face and he backed down. hahahaha I just...Dave has interesting stories. And sometimes he ruins my parenting moments with them.

In addition to the spit story, we went to Tamarac Nature Center today, finally! This place is perfect for your littles! They have streams to dig in, piles of sticks to build/destroy with, "cliffs" to scale...I wish we'd visited sooner! Riley and Joe blew three hours here and didn't even notice.


 Kids and sticks! I don't really get it but they had a great time in the stick section. The water section too. I only got pictures of the aftermath:
Guess who forgot to bring bathing suits? Haha oh well - at least it was a warm day.
We are getting lots of time in with friends as we will be moving soon. It will be a sad day that Riley and Joe have to say their goodbye to all her little buddies for good! Here is another outing with friends to Elm Creek beach. I love the sandiness of Elm creek - it is man made, so none of the siltiness of normal lakes. Also: canopies, concessions, and a beautiful green backdrop surrounding.
 Not pictured: ice cream after with Allyon and Davis clans. Ice cream is a perfectly acceptable bribe to get your kids to leave the beach, by the way. Totally takes the stress out of the whole thing. Although you know what you will never take the stress out of? Public bathrooms at the lake. I really tap into my inner germaphobe in public restrooms and lake ones...let's move on.

Como zoo had a free carousel ride day this week. If it's free it's for meee! :) And if it's a carousel it's for Riley and Joe! They kept getting back in line! Dave came with us for this one. He didn't mind it at all.

Haha! Joseph!
 While there we also hit up the zoo. Como Zoo, how do I love thee, let me count the ways. The zoo was replete with high school interns cleaning and showing off a bunch smaller animals, snakes and what not. What I wouldn't have done to do that in high school?! Or now! I love the zoo.
 Riley wanted her picture taken at all the statues.
Like, all of them.
So I think that about concludes the "random outings" portion of this post. I shall now share a random playground video to wrap things up. Compliments of Dave's phone:

Oh yeah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment