Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Meanwhile back at the Ranch

While I was in VA, Dave had classes of course, and we had to bring in the big guns to make sure everyone was taken care of. Grandpa Don to the rescue! Riley and Joe looked forward to his coming weeks ahead of time and they had wonderful time together. In Dave's words, Don "did an awesome job" caring for the babies, and it was such a relief to know they were well looked after while we were gone.

Here are a few pictures I poached from Dave's camera and Don's instagram (thanks for posting, Don, I loved seeing your day-to-day activities and knowing they were having so much fun!)

Train Museum
 Oh the magic!

Nickelodeon Theme Park:
bahaha! This ride is the first thing Riley mentioned when I got off the plane - she loved the rush.

Best day of Joe's life?? Because that's what it looks like.



Crafting, eating, playing:
Grandpa introduced them to the magic of lunchables
Such chums! (And Riley's senior picture?)
 Thank you to Don for being there for us, Dave for burning both ends of the candle, and friends who either babysat or offered assistance so I could go gallivanting off to Virginia! Riley and Joe have some great memories of that week and I knew they felt loved and safe, which made my week too!

1 comment:

  1. 2nd pic Joe: I'm not sure what's on the other side of this hole, but I'm going to find out.

    ReplyDelete