Monday, May 5, 2014

Baby Shower

What better activity for the Saturday before what I thought was supposed to be Mother's Day (yeah, that was a let down) than a baby shower! It was for the lovely Anna, who I met at church only about a month ago after she and her husband moved here from Russia. Can you imagine being six month pregnant and moving to a foreign country?? So my friend Anjela and I decided to throw her a shower; we made tissue paper "clouds" and rain drops, set up a onesie decorating station, and organized a brunch meal for 15, and a bunch of other church ladies brought food and gifts and we had a real rockin' party of a shower.


 Anna herself brought a Russian dessert called a "Napoleon" - layers of pastry and sweet creamy filling and I could eat it every day of my life it was soooo good. We told her she didn't need to bring anything but dang, sure glad she did! She is such a sweet, gracious girl, and I'm glad she let us celebrate with her, even though it isn't done in Russia and we probably made her feel all kinds of awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment