Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving/Christmas Mashup

I realized I didn't give actual Thanksgiving a mention! No one cares now - we are all over it and onto Christmas, but here's a few pictures from the day we spent with Don's sister, Beth and her family. We all had a great time - stuffed our faces and all that. Riley was in heaven at the kids table and later chumming around with the swarm of little ones. Joe ate a whole piece of chocolate pot de creme with his hands and devoted the rest of his time trying to sneak sodas off the table. And there was an especially interesting vegan, congealed pumpkin pie that fueled the entertainment of the evening.

 It was awesome to be with a big and boisterous family on Thanksgiving. Later that weekend I made the traditional dishes from my side that I missed - cornbread stuffing and real pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes, you know, just to round out the holiday.

Oh, and we made turkeys with our friends. Note for next year: feed the babies lunch BEFORE this activity. They were hungry and couldn't believe their luck when mom set piles of candy corns, oreos, rice krispy treats and frosting in front of them. They hand over fisted it before I realized my mistake and had little interest in the pb and j's I threw in front of them a minute later!
 It was a fun activity. Luckily I got pictures before Joe bit the beaks off all of them.

Now we are onto Christmas! I love it! Lights, nativities, snow, parties, service projects, treats - there is no end to activities to keep our hearts warm in this extreme, sub-zero, early winter we are having!
 (Soapy, naked baby photo bomb)

Riley's new favorite corner, bear quilt compliments of Patti Smith!)
 I got them bundled up in their snowsuits to play that one day it was above twenty (thanks for the suits, Don and Suzette!) but Joe was happier watching from the car with a granola bar. Riley was thrilled - her first snowman!

And then a little ugly sweater bowling with Dave's fellow students. To celebrate the end of their first semester! The near-end, that is. They have a big case competition the next three days and then he is done till Jan 20th!


 I last-minute borrowed some bears off of our Christmas wreath to make Riley and my sweaters. She felt quite pretty, I believe.

Whew. You are now up to speed. And we are off to make ornaments with our neighbors! Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. What. The girls in the top photo could almost pass for Abby and Evey.

    ReplyDelete