Saturday, December 14, 2013

Holidazzle! For shazzle my nazzle...

Slight lull in the blogging due to Dave's big case competition/ sprint to the finish  this week - and the resulting major kickback days where we have done whatever the heck we wanted. Pardon my language. It's how I feel.

So....drumroll...the first semester is over!
I made Dave a congratulatory cookie cake. Riley and Joe pushed a chair up and proceeded to not look directly at it in front of me, but both got a finger in the frosting somehow before the night was done.

Thursday we had some moms and babies I visit teach with over for lunch and cookie decorating. Toddler parties are the best parties! Someone brought Doritos and they were like the highlight of these kids' lives. Ok, mine too. Frosting was more likely to get licked right out of the bowl than spread on a cookie, and of all the cookies we frosted, exactly four made it to the display plate. The rest, one may assume, were too good not to eat on sight.

 
Oh and some ended up stuck, frosting-first, underneath bibs to baby shirts. Maybe saving them for later.

Yesterday we did a little babysitting (another toddler party in two days - we are on a roll!) and then last night we went to....drum roll again please...

The Hollidazzle Parade!

It was 12 degrees so we bundled up in as many layers as a car seat could fit (Joe was wearing shoes over shoes) and packed along a thermos of hot cocoa. Aaand m&ms and marshmallows. Sugar high!
Major crowds you guys.
"I did it!"
Kissing some frozen cheeks.
After the parade, actually, before it even ended, Joe and I went inside to thaw our noses. And we missed the end of the parade! Santa passed and everyone flooded indoors to find their ways back to their various parking garages via skyways that network all over the city. Joe loved the skyways, so getting back took a really long time.
I think he liked the view/ladies more than anything. He kept scooting closer but she maintained her distance!
Santa on a rickshaw. We saw him after all!
Happy Hanukkah!
 Afterwards we drove around looking at Christmas lights. They are pretty fantastic now that snow is covering everything. Riley and Joe cheered "Christmas lights!" with us for a while but were out by the time we got home.
 Now that's what I call a successful evening!
Aren't they great??
After we put them to bed, Dave and I watched a Grithwold Family Chrithmas (actually called National Lampoon Christmas or something, but I always have to lisp out the 'real' title) over a plate of chili cheese nachos and giant cookie cake. I know, I know - I am jealous of myself ;)

And that's a wrap! It is snowing outside now but I believe a visit to Santa is in order today, as well as a few Christmas gift projects. Also I just got a request for bacon. Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. OHMGOSH Joe casual/bashful with the lady and a cool view. Check.

    ReplyDelete