Monday, January 7, 2013

Unclean! Unclean!

 So we aren't stricken with leprosy, but it ain't been no party around here. Dave, Riley, and Joe have all had this nasty bug of snotty, sneezing, Bain-sounding misery, Riley being the worst. Sometimes she just sits in her baby swing with her cup and pacifier watching Sesame Street. But that never lasts long - she has spirit, that one.
The Doctor actually gave her medicine for strep, which we have to coax/force into her twice a day. But whatever it takes, right? Nothing sadder than a sick baby. And nothing grosser than...something that is TMI and I've been forbidden to write about, but let me just say: they should issue biohazard suits at the hospital when you take home your baby. You will clean up some shi..iriously gross stuff. Out of the bathtub. You might gag a whole lot.

On to cuter topics: We have really been blessed with TLC the past couple weeks. It seems like whenever things are getting to be too much, crying babies and crying me and messy house and getting baby tylenol dumped over your head, someone has called or visited or brought dinner or something that cheered us up and I can't even express how appreciative Dave and I have been. Even Tim, missionary Tim in Vegas, who didn't know of our plight, told me in his email that yesterday he fasted for us. Gosh, I wonder what would happen if we got seriously sick? Cause I know it could be so much worse but its nice when God and people care about the little rough spots too.

Cute topic # 2: Joe the Handsome: he sits up now (kinda) and he does toothless old man face all day every day - its to DIE for! Caught a little on camera:
I think he started doing it because his teeth came in and he is exploring the feel of pulling his lips back over them. And then we started laughing every time he did it so now he likes to entertain.

2 comments:

  1. Rowan's been sick with the same thing! AND, the other night he pooped in the tub WHILE I WAS IN THERE WITH HIM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEW - that's the worst - I've been there too!! Babies are gross sometimes.

      Delete