Thursday, November 1, 2012

BOO!

Christmas morning face on Halloween? Awesome!
Hope everyone had fun last night, or at least got to eat some candy while snowed in... Myself, I don't remember the last Halloween as fun as this one was! Mainly because I stayed up late the night before making treats and decorating and making A BABY HAUNTED HOUSE, which Dave joined me for (despite GMAT studying - test tomorrow!). It was just a cardboard box taped to the wall with construction paper glued to it, but we had a fun time making it and then the babies played in and around it for about two hours yesterday, so I'd call that a success. By "babies" I mean the 11 little tots from church we had over for a Halloween playdate, along with their 8 moms - it was cozy in here! We had all the furniture pushed back against the walls and let chaos ensue in the middle of the living room and kitchen, where, by the way, we had a groaning table full of treats people brought. More than half was left over because there was so much food (my kind of party! :)


So costumes: Riley started out as a monkey and Joe a banana. The monkey costume was hot and had mittens that annoyed her so it only lasted about an hour and then she transformed into a ladybug. Thanks for the costume, Mom!

 Joe was pretty happy as a banana. When he got bored, he just turned his head and had felt to chew on.

 We had Pacman and a ghost, Yoda and an ewok, Pebbles, a piggy, a pumpkin, a racoon, a banana, a ladybug, and an owl. Baby's in costumes are the best! Partly because they are so natural. All, "I'm adorable and crazy and crazy adorable every day of the year."

 We had a blast! I'm only sad I didn't get a video because it was CRAZY. Babies popping their heads in and out of those haunted windows, swarming over the dessert table, stomping up and down the stairs, grabbing each others' costumes...craziness.

I think I could make a tradition out of this.  When do you think babies stop being thrilled by an indoor hunted house? 20? One can only hope.

And finally, we got trick or treaters this year for the first time. We were even visited by mini Men in Black! We still have nerds and bubbleyum left over enough to last us for a while though, so win win!

I guess Halloween can be a real holiday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment