Tuesday, October 18, 2011

yum....also: Please help!

A friend asked me recently what my "go to" recipe was. What an excellent topic - thank you, Megan! I wrote it out and forgot to give it to her so I'm going to share it (sorry to immediate family - you already know it because its Mom's recipe) and hope that it will inspire someone or ones to reciprocate. Please if you have a recipe that is delicious, healthy, easy or can be frozen (or all these things!) I would love to have it - we need some fresh ideas.
PS: Megan, if you're reading this, we tried your salsa/brown sugar chicken recipe and it was delish - thank you!

White Chicken Chili
  • 4 cans of white beans, drained
  • 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1 chicken bouillon cube
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 2 cans of corn, drained
  • 2 small cans of green chillies
  • 1 red pepper
  • 2 Tbs garlic powder
  • 1 Tbs oregano
  • 2-2.5 Tbs cumin
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1-24oz sour cream
  • 4 cups grated cheese to sprinkle on top once served
Combine all ingredients except sour cream and cheese. If you like it hotter, add more pepper - all seasonings consider "to taste". Heat on med-high, let simmer about 30 minutes, adding sour cream 10 minutes before serving. Good with tortilla chips, and freezes well. This makes five meals for Dave and I - I freeze four 24oz containers (that is, I use the containers sour cream/yogurt etc come in), and when I don't feel like cooking, I thaw out one and boom, dinner.

What is YOUR go-to dinner recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Potato Flake Chicken

    potato flakes
    melted butter
    seasoned salt
    chicken

    Preheat oven to 350.

    Dip the chicken in the melted butter, then roll it in the potato flakes. Place on foil on a cookie sheet.

    Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

    ReplyDelete