Friday, October 14, 2011

Thursday Adventures 8.13.2011

Another lovely day with my little family. This time, Riley didn't poop on Dave AND we remembered to bring the carrier - progress! The hike is in Pleasant Grove and has not one but TWO waterfalls. The second one is kind of an awkward distance from the trail over a very steep slope of slippy slate, so you have to look at it from afar: not as impressive as Stewart Falls. Though it gave us a better workout, especially with the extra detours we accidentally took (made by boyscouts and mountain goats I think) which I can appreciate as I am still very much post-pregnant. If you want to know where it is exactly you will have to ask Dave as he is the one that finds our random adventures.
One of the detours from the trail we were meant to be on. It had some nice views though. And some signal fires - good to know I guess.
"You go ahead...gasp...I'll catch up...huff huff...or text you my last will and testament..."

When the princess was awake, she was thrilled. But she mostly napped away the hike.
Doesn't this trail look sketch? Like we could slip right down the mountain in an avalanche? Dave didn't mind - I bet you at this moment he was daydreaming about snowboarding on that mountain yonder. Yes I just said yonder. I liked it.

Its nice living in Utah - I love the Rockies and there are tons of scenic places to explore. If only we had more family here! We miss our family and friends elsewhere. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment