Friday, September 2, 2011

And now: Girth Control

I heard the term from a friend the other day and how applicable it is. After-birth girth is no joke! Riley is 10 weeks and I have yet to get rid of the paunch - tighten up the saggy parts and get some stamina back for heaven's sake. I'm a PE teacher, the least I can do is practice what I preach. So I've set myself a schedule, complete with goals: let me tell you about them and then I really have to stick to it:
1-30 minutes weight training/resistance exercises 3 days a week
2- 30 minutes brisk walk 3 days a week
3- 30 minutes running - heart rate at 65-80% 2-3 times a week
I've been working this schedule sort of for a few weeks and its been good. Finding exercises I can do with baby is a fun challenge. Observe:

Her tummy time is also mine - I think counting my pushups/plank time will have her learning her numbers in no time. Win, win!

Also she loves crunches, when she lays on my shins and gets to drool on me while I work it. I don't mind the drool - gotta keep those crunches slow and CONTROLLED though. Otherwise you don't get a proper workout and will probably get puked on in the face.

Once you work out you putcha hair-bow on and go for a walk. I didn't get a picture of that part, but I did get one of the end result. Shew - rest well earned, baby.

I'm shooting to run a 5K in October with the Run For Innocence team. I believe having such a worth-while cause to help will actually help me stay on track with my plan. I highly recommend supporting the cause, FYI - if you're interested, check out their website! Peace!

2 comments:

  1. You should come to Zumba with me on Tuesday and Thursday nights at the rec center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun - I'd love to! I'll get details from you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete